Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Oops, wrong info on Union College vespers

I had this bright idea to check out Union College's website and check out their religious programming. And as I looked at their vespers programming, I saw that it was very similar to Southwestern's vespers programming. So, I started wondering, "What were the Union students talking about?" They told me that they had a student give their testimony at vespers, but on their website, it shows that they brought in speakers like Jose Rojas and James Black. In fact, my chaplain even spoke for vespers at Union.

So, I did some more investigating and I realized that the vespers with the students' testimonies was actually on Saturday around sunset time. Union calls the Saturday vespers "V2." Vespers 2, maybe?

Well... there goes my argument for changing Southwestern's Friday night vespers. Our Friday vespers is like Union's Friday vespers.

I still feel that more student involvement (including preaching) at Southwestern's Friday night vespers would relate to the students more. However, convincing Pastor Lane to make radical changes to vespers may be difficult. I'm not sure if God wants me to "fight" this battle.

Also, I've asked two Christian friends for their opinion on vespers and they like vespers just the way it is.

Maybe vespers doesn't need to be changed.

What will be my input towards vespers programming next year? I don't know. I'll have to keep praying and see where God leads.

I'll keep you all posted.

1 Comments:

At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home